Dear UIS Commission Officers,
I hope this e-mail finds you well.
Let me remind you, that deadline for new volume of UIS Bulletin is on June 10, so if you have some reports, news, announcements for publishing, please, send it directly to editors till this date.
I would also like to remind you, that you can ask the UIS Bureau for financial support for UIS Commissions for specific projects or needs. If you need financial assistance for the rest of 2019, please send me your proposals.
Already in 2018 UIS Bureau decided to support some Commissions also for 2019, so they can ask directly UIS Treasurer for transfering approved money.
For new proposals, please remember :
• Explain in detail how much money you need, why you need it, how you will use it, and your deadline for receiving it.
• You may also ask for support for more than one year up to 2021.
• The money must be used only for actual expenses necessary for the project. This can include paid assistance if it is absolutely
necessary but not as a reward or payment to volunteers.
• The money cannot be used for printing and shipping of publications. The UIS Bureau encourages you to publish digitally and
to post your publications on the Karst Information Portal (www.karstportal.org).
• If you have expenses for your websites, you are encouraged (not required) to post your websites for free through the UIS
website. For more information, contact Efrain Mercado, UIS Vice President of Operations.
Please, send me your proposals before 15th of August 2019. The next UIS Bureau meeting will be held during Asian „Transkarst“ Conference in Philipines in September, so you can also use this opportunity to participate on UIS Bureau meeting.
Thank you very much.
Vice President of Administration